Missouri Law Regarding Glass Containers and Trash
The following restrictions apply to any vessel that is easily susceptible to swamping, tipping, or rolling (such as a canoe, kayak, or inner tube) and is carrying foodstuffs or beverages while operating on any of Missouri's navigable waterways.
- No one may have or use glass containers within a vessel (prescribed drugs are excepted).
- All persons using a cooler, icebox, or containers other than glass for foodstuffs and beverages must:
- Ensure that the container is sealed to prevent the contents from spilling into the water.
- Affix to the vessel a container or bag, capable of being securely closed, to contain their trash.
- Transport all of their trash to a place where the materials may be disposed of safely and lawfully.
- Safely secure any glass containers to prevent breaking or falling overboard.