Boaters are required to purchase an Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) decal from NDOW prior to operating their vessel on Nevada waters. Funds generated by the decals support an AIS prevention and mitigation program. Decals can be purchased at any NDOW office, online at www.ndowlicensing.com, or by calling 866-703-4605.
- All vessels that can retain water must display the AIS decal. These vessels include:
- In-state and out-of-state motorized vessels
- Non-motorized vessels, including rowboats, canoes, sit-in kayaks, and sit-on-top kayaks
- Since these vessels do not retain water, they are exempt from displaying the decal:
- Stand-up paddleboards
- Self-bailing sit-on-top kayaks without internal storage
- Float tubes and similar craft that will not retain water
- For more information on the fees, requirements, and exemptions, as well as where to place the decal on a vessel, visit the NDOW AIS Decal Information website.