Skip to main content

Course Outline

Here are some additional facts about titling and registering your vessel.

  • All vessels that require registration must be titled also.
  • A Certificate of Number is valid until December 31 of the year it was issued. Owners of vessels that have been registered previously will be sent a renewal notice to their residence.
  • If you change your address or transfer your interest in a registered vessel, or if the vessel is abandoned, destroyed, or stolen, you must notify the Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW) in writing within 10 days of the event.
  • If you lose or destroy your Certificate of Number, decal, or title, you must apply for a duplicate and submit a processing fee.
  • Larger recreational vessels owned by U.S. citizens may (at the option of the owner) be documented by the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG). Call the USCG at 1-800-799-8362 for more information. Documented vessels also must obtain Nevada registration.
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 4 of 5