Nevada law states that these dangerous operating practices are illegal.
Improper Speed or Distance is not maintaining a proper speed or distance while operating a vessel. Specifically, the following operations are illegal:
- Operating or allowing others to operate a vessel at greater than “no wake speed” within:
- 100 feet of a person swimming
- 100 feet of a person being towed by another vessel
- 200 feet of a beach used by swimmers; a swimming float, diving platform, or lifeline; or a landing float that has a vessel(s) secured to it or that is being used to load or unload a vessel’s passengers
- Operating a vessel at greater than “no wake speed” on certain waters designated by NDOW, within all harbors, and within any other marked speed zones