The bow/assigned number and registration decals must be displayed as follows.
- The bow number must be painted or permanently attached to each side of the forward half of the vessel.
- The bow number must read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
- The bow number must be in at least three-inch-high, bold, plain, vertical BLOCK characters.
- The bow number must contrast with the background color of the hull and be legible from a distance of 150 feet.
- The bow number's letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: UT 2628 BP or UT-2628-BP.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- The Yearly Registration decals must be displayed three inches aft (toward the stern) of the bow number on each side of the vessel. Only current decals may be displayed. The Month of Expiration Decals must be displayed immediately aft of the Yearly Registration Decals.