Skip to main content

Course Outline

Just like you must have a vehicle registration for your car, you must have a Utah vessel registration and registration decals to legally operate a vessel on Utah waters. Exceptions to registration are:

  • Vessels that are not propelled by a motor or by sail (canoes, kayaks, etc.)
  • Sailboards
  • Properly registered vessels owned by residents of another state and using Utah waters for 60 or fewer days in a calendar year
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 1 of 6