In Washington, these are the operating laws for PWC.
- PWC may be operated during the hours between sunrise and sunset only.
- PWC must be operated in a reasonable and prudent manner. For example, it is illegal to:
- Weave your PWC recklessly through congested waterway traffic.
- Jump the wake of another vessel unreasonably close to that vessel or when visibility around the vessel is obstructed.
- Maneuver a PWC such that you must swerve at the last possible moment in order to avoid a collision.
- Operate a PWC while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Chase, harass, or disturb wildlife, birds, or marine mammals.