Fire buckets are carried on board pleasure craft to fight fires.
- Fire buckets must:
- Be painted red and…
- Have a capacity of at least 10 litres and…
- Be made of metal with a round bottom and a hole in the centre and…
- Have an attached lanyard that is long enough to reach the water from the location where the bucket is stored.
- The requirements for fire buckets are found in the Small Vessel Regulations and depend on the length of your pleasure craft.
- Pleasure craft up to 12 metres (39.4 feet) in length are not required to carry a fire bucket on board.
- Pleasure craft that are more than 12 metres in length up to 24 metres (39.4 feet to 78.7 feet) in length are required to carry two fire buckets.