To prevent spreading invasive species:
- Inspect your pleasure craft and trailer, and remove any plants and animals you see before leaving the area.
- Drain your motor, live well, and bilge on land before leaving the area.
- Empty your bait bucket on land. Never release live bait into a body of water or release aquatic animals from one body of water into another.
- Rinse your pleasure craft, propeller, trailer, and equipment, using hot water or a high-pressure washer.
- Air-dry your pleasure craft and equipment for at least five days, if possible.