When using locks, boaters should:
- Make sure all boat fenders are in place.
- Turn off the engine and generator.
- Follow the lock attendant’s instructions and proceed slowly (no faster than 10 km/h).
- Have people ready with mooring lines at the bow and the stern to tie up the pleasure craft inside the lock as directed by the attendant. Never leave the bow and stern lines unattended.
- Avoid passing another boat when inside the lock, unless directed to do so by the lock attendant.
- Wait for the lock attendant’s signal to start the engine and exit the lock.
Additional information for navigating on the St. Lawrence Seaway is found in the St. Lawrence Seaway Pleasure Craft Guide.