You’ve completed the material in Unit 3 of the online boating safety course!
You should now:
- Know which boats need a pleasure craft licence and how to get a licence.
- Be able to place the licence number on a pleasure craft correctly.
- Know where to find the Hull Serial Number (HIN).
- Know the age restrictions on operation.
- Know which operators must have proof of competency.
- Be able to list the unlawful behaviours that should be avoided when operating a pleasure craft.
- Be able to explain the dangers of consuming alcohol or drugs while boating and the penalties for doing so.
- Understand the legal requirements specific to PWCs.
- Know the legal requirements for skiing or diving with a pleasure craft.
- Understand how to properly dispose of waste, oil, and trash and properly use MSDs.
- Know how to prevent spreading invasive species.
- Know when and how to report a boating accident.