Pleasure craft, including PWCs, towing a person(s) on water skis, surf-board, water sled, or any similar devices must obey these laws from the Small Vessel Regulations and the Criminal Code of Canada.
- When a boat or PWC is pulling a person on water skis, a surf-board, a water sled, or similar devices, the operator must have a responsible person on board to act as an observer.
- The boat or PWC may not be operated by remote control.
- PWCs that are towing a person on water skis or similar devices must be designed and recommended by the manufacturer to accommodate three persons—the operator, the observer, and the person being towed.
- A person may not be towed between one hour after sunset and sunrise or during periods of restricted visibility.
- If a person being towed is not wearing a Canadian-approved lifejacket or PFD, there must be a lifejacket or PFD for that person on board the boat or PWC. A ski belt is not an approved flotation device.