In addition to adhering to all boating laws, PWC operators have requirements specific to their vessel.
- Everyone on board a PWC must wear a USCG—approved PFD.
- The PWC must be equipped with a self-circling device or a lanyard-type engine cut-off switch. The operator of a PWC equipped with an engine cut-off switch must attach the lanyard to his or her person, clothing, or PFD.
- You may not remove, alter, or tamper with:
- Any part of the spring-loaded throttle mechanism on a PWC, which immediately returns the engine to idle speed on release of the operator’s hand from the throttle control or...
- Any part of an engine cut-off switch installed by the manufacturer.