To prevent spreading aquatic nuisance species:
- Inspect your vessel and trailer, and remove any plants and animals you see before leaving the area.
- Avoid driving through vegetation.
- Drain your motor, live well, and bilge on land before leaving the area.
- Empty your bait bucket on land.
- Never release live bait into a body of water or release aquatic animals from one body of water into another.
- It is illegal to transfer any fish from one public body of water to another without a permit.
- Rinse your vessel, propeller, trailer, and equipment.
- Air-dry your vessel and equipment for as long as possible.