Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis, aquaplanes, kneeboards, or any other similar devices must do so safely and responsibly.
- Persons may be towed behind a vessel on water skis or any other device only during daylight hours (sunrise to sunset).
- The operator of the towing vessel and the skier must not operate in a manner that endangers the safety of persons or property. It is illegal to:
- Tow a skier in a restricted area or where an obstruction exists.
- Operate the vessel or manipulate the towed device in a way that causes the skier to strike or threaten to strike another person, vessel, or property.
- Operate the vessel or manipulate the towed device within 100 feet of:
- Any person in the water
- A pier, dock, float, or wharf
- Any public or private vessel launching ramp
- Any vessel at anchor or adrift