About the Study Guide

This Online Study Guide has been approved by Transport Canada strictly on the basis that it meets the requirements of the Standard for Pleasure Craft Operator Card Testing over the Internet (TP 15080E) and the Boating Safety Course and Test Syllabus (TP 14932E). This approval does not represent confirmation of authorship by the course provider. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Pleasure Craft Operator Card

Learn More Register for the Course

An operator involved in a boating accident must report the accident to the local police as soon as possible if the accident caused:

  • Death of any person or…
  • Injury to a person that requires hospitalization or…
  • Property damage exceeding $5,000.

Accidents must be reported in writing to the Minister of Transport within 14 days if the accident resulted in:

  • Injury to a person requiring medical treatment beyond first aid but not hospitalization or…
  • Property damage exceeding $2,500.
Boating accident report form

Accident report forms are available on the Internet.