Using Propane and Butane Appliances Safely
To use propane and butane appliances safely:
- Use only those appliances that are designed for marine use.
- Make sure your appliances are installed by a qualified technician and according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have a qualified technician perform all maintenance and repairs.
- Use appliances in well-ventilated areas only.
- Keep gas cylinders and tanks in a well-ventilated area. Secure them so that they don’t move.
- Secure portable appliances and heaters to avoid shifting that could result in leaks.
- Pay close attention while you are using an open-flame heating, cooking, or refrigeration system.