Skip to main content
- Tune a portable radio to a local station to monitor any weather reports.
- Be alert to weather conditions. Danger signs include dark clouds, graying skies, distant thunder, lightning, and rough water. Shifting winds usually indicate a weather change.
- Be particularly aware of weather to the west, the direction from which most bad weather arrives.
- Watch for fog that creates problems in inlets and bays.
- Head toward the nearest shore if heavy rain, a thunderstorm, or a hurricane is approaching.
- Unit 5 of 5
- Topic 5 of 5
- Page 2 of 5