Store the paddlecraft properly when not in use for extended periods.
- Store your paddlecraft, paddles, and life jackets in a dry place out of the sun.
- Store the paddlecraft off the ground and upside down to help drain any remaining water. For a kayak with interior compartments, be sure to remove any water from them before storing.
- Deflate air bags before storing. They can expand and burst if the temperature increases.
- Lay the paddles flat on a shelf or across two support bars. Some types of paddle blades will bend if you lean them against a wall for extended periods.
- Do not hang plastic boats or boards by their toggles or grab loops for extended periods. Heat buildup can deform the paddlecraft’s shape.