Place the paddleboard in the water parallel to the dock.
To mount the board in the kneeling position:
- Kneel on the dock next to the board.
- Place the paddle across the deck of the board.
- Hold onto the board’s rails.
- Move your knees onto the board just behind the board’s hand well.
- Push off from the dock.
- Paddle on your knees until you are comfortable on the board and are away from the dock.
- Stand up on the paddleboard using the method that works best for you.
To mount the board in the standing position:
- Sit on the dock next to the board. One hand should be on the dock, and the other one should be holding the paddle.
- Put your feet on the board behind the board’s hand well and where they will be while you are paddling.
- Put the blade of the paddle in front of your feet and toward the middle of the board. The grip should point toward the sky.
- Using your hand on the dock, push yourself up until you are standing on the board. Use the paddle to help you balance.
- Paddle away from the dock.