To prevent the spread of aquatic nuisance species:
- Inspect your paddlecraft before leaving a body of water.
- Remove any plants or animals.
- Drain any water from the interior of the craft.
- Rinse your paddlecraft’s hull and equipment before moving from one body of water to another.
- Empty your bait bucket on land. Never release live bait into a body of water or release aquatic animals from one body of water into another.
- Use plain water or non-phosphate detergents to clean your paddlecraft. Non-phosphates help control and reduce algae growth.
- Air-dry your craft and equipment for as long as possible.